Re: No outgoing mail

2001-08-30 09:17:16
On 30 Aug, Thomas C. Smith wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I'm seeing no outgoing mail from my mailserver.  I am using procmail 3.14
| and my maillog shows unknown mail transport error.
|
| Is there any way to test to see if procmail is working?

Procmail is almost certainly not your problem, unless you've explained
something incorrectly or unless you've managed to hook outgoing mail
through procmail. Procmail handles incoming mail but plays no role in
outgoing. It's only a guess and assumes you're using sendmail, but it
sound like you have something set up in a mailertable, or possibly have
SMART_HOST or MAIL_HUB set up to use a mailer that hasn't been defined.
You'll have to check the sendmail docs and your configuration.
Specifically, look for the "MAILERS" section in the README from the
source. Check the m4 files used to create sendmail.cf for mention of a
mailer that isn't also defined in those files with MAILER(`<name>').
Also check if you have a mailertable that tries to use a similarly
undefined mailer.

--
                   /"\
Don Hammond        \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign