Re: question/query from procmail newbie

2001-09-04 15:42:34
On Tue, Sep 04, 2001 at 08:58:54PM +0200, Lawrence Mitchell wrote:
If you want to write the From: header to a file, the following might
be a start:
:0:$HOME/storage.$LOCKTEXT
* ^Subject: $expression
* ^From:[   ]*\/.* #literal space and tab in [ ], and yes I know you
                   #shoulnd't put comments here.
| cat $MATCH >> $HOME/storage

I'm sure someone else will come up witha way of doing it without a
cat call, but I can't :-)

Actually this won't do it, as cat reads a file or pipe. $MATCH in this case
contains a string which is not the name of a file. You want echo for this.
However he already had that part right with the formail solution, which is the
canonical way of extracting a From: address.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       andrew(_at_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com
http://andrew.pure-chaos.com