Re: add text at bottom of outgoing mail

2001-09-05 16:06:22
"Alejandro Valdez" <avaldez(_at_)writeme(_dot_)com> writes:
I need to add a text to the bottom of each outgoing message that
is relayed by my server that run sendmail. Can I add that text
calling procmail inside sendmail to modify the message body?

If procmail is not the solution have anyone any idea to help me?.

I suggest looking for documentation on sendmail's 'milter' interface.

Note that simply appending text to a message does *not* work if the
message is anything but plain text.  For that matter, if a message isn't
text, what do you really want to do with it?  You could always wrap the
content in another level of multipart/mixed that includes a text/plain
part with your text, but that in a sense changes the _meaning_ of the
message.

Anyway, good luck...

Philip Guenther