Re: Procmail died

2001-09-07 20:15:22
DuraniCub(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net writes:
The Only Thing i does was, appling the Scrip for original Date
He wont deliver anymore mail to the Maildir/
i tried Versions 3.15.2 | 3.21 | 3.22pre
Permissions in my Home are all frank:frank
Can anybody explain why ?  Thx

You have edited your .procmailrc with a Windows-based text editor, such
that every line ends with a control-M.  Remove those control-M's and it
should start working again.

    tr -d \\015 < .procmailrc > temp && cp temp .procmailrc; rm temp

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin

Don't set PATH unless you have to and even then you almost certainly
only append or prepend to the default.  As is, all those directories
are in the default value of PATH.

ORGMAIL=$HOME/Maildir/

Setting ORGMAIL to the same value as DEFAULT is pointless.  ORGMAIL is
supposed to be a fallback in case DEFAULT can't be delivered.  I can't
remember ever seeing an assignment to ORGMAIL that wasn't a mistake.

:0:
* ^TOsupport(_at_)compulines(_dot_)de
.compulines/

If it's a maildir folder, why are you using a locallockfile?  Remove that
second colon from the ":0" line.  Also, you should probably be using ^TO_
instead of ^TO.  Check the procmailrc(5) manpage to see how they differ.
So:

        :0
        * ^TO_support(_at_)compulines\(_dot_)de
        .compulines/

:0:
* ^CCsupport(_at_)compulines(_dot_)de
.compulines/

THERE IS NO MAGIC ^CC TOKEN.  THIS RECIPE WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY NEVER
MATCH.  The ^TO and ^TO_ tokens match against both the To: and Cc:
headers, so the previous recipes probably already take care of what you
were trying to do here.

Philip Guenther