Re: Spambouncer question

2001-09-16 13:41:50
On Sun, 16 Sep 2001, Steve Sykes wrote:

ss> This recipe is part of the spambouncer package.
ss> :0:
ss> * ? test -f ${MYEMAIL} && \
ss> (${FORMAIL} -zxTo: -zxCc: |\
ss>   fgrep -i -f ${MYEMAIL})
ss> ${FORMAIL} -A"X-Folder: Default" >>${DEFAULT}
ss>
ss> My question is how do I forward the message that it finds to a user instead
ss> of sending to the DEFAULT user?
ss>

  The above recipe doesn't forward to a default user, it sends to the
DEFAULT folder of the user the message was addressed to. If you really
wanted it to forward to another user, you could do the following

  :0c:
  * ? test -f ${MYEMAIL} && \
  (${FORMAIL} -zxTo: -zxCc: |\
    fgrep -i -f ${MYEMAIL})
  ${FORMAIL} -A"X-Folder: Default" >>${DEFAULT}

  :0a
  ! someone(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com

  Theres other ways to do it, this way will still deliver the message as
usual, but also forward to another user of your choice. Though I'm not
sure why you would want to do the above, could you go into detail the
purpose for the above? This could give us more of an understanding of what
your trying to do as well as give you a better solution.

ss> Regards,
ss> Steve Sykes
ss>

--
      S.Toms - smotrs(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com - www.mindspring.com/~smotrs
                   SuSE Linux v7.0+ - Kernel 2.2.18

"I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.
There's a knob called `brightness', but it doesn't work."
                -- Gallagher