Re: matching high5 chars

2001-09-21 02:45:57
From: Eric Smith <eric(_at_)fruitcom(_dot_)com>

I want to dump all mail with these kind of chars.

Subject: \xB6W\xA7C児\xA5扤y\xA9w\x{2668}\xA8t歌PDA\x{246c}\xB6q\x{32b2}棲

how?

The list archives contain some solutions for this.  Here's what
I use.  I only look for this stuff in the From: or the Subject:
line.  Note that I had earlier - not shown here - assigned
the message subject to the variable `$SUBJ'.  The basis for the
recipe was concocted by longtime list denizen David Tamkin.

  INFINITY = 2147483647         # "magic" number limit for procmail scoring
  NONPRINTING = [^$TAB$SPACE-~] # char delimiter to i.d. non-Western text

     :0:  # find non-Western character sets; scoring finesses OR conditions
     * $ $INFINITY^0 ^From:.*$NONPRINTING
     * $ $INFINITY^0 SUBJ ?? ()$NONPRINTING

--
Netcom has imploded.  Please now use NOTnetcom.com for mail.
Ex-Netcommies:  Mail "forwards" for free forwarding service!