Procmail not working in Qmail+Maildir combination?

2001-09-26 06:22:02
hi all,
i have a pop3 account on the internet which picks up mails for various users in
my company's domain. my pop3 account is bom(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com(_dot_)
this collects mails for user1(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com
user2(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com etc.
i have used fetchmail to download mail to my "ground" qmail server. Messages
are stored in Maildir format. i am using procmail -3.15.2 (supports maildir
natively??). i have a common user called bom on my "ground" server. i have
created all real users user1, user2, etc on the "ground" server. my bom user
has a .qmail file containing
|  /usr/bin/preline  /usr/bin/procmail
./Maildir/

the .procmailrc file is as follows:
SHELL=/bin/sh
DEFAULT=$HOME/Maildir/
PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir/
LOGFILE=$HOME/procmail.log
LOGABSTRACT=all
VERBOSE=yes
DEBUG=yes
:0
* ^To:.*user1
!user1(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com

fetchmail is able to download all messages in its Maildir format. I have
installed sqwebmail for a web based front end and courier-imap for backward
comptabilty with outlook express. user bom is able to view messages through
sqwebmail.

however mail is not getting filtered to user1(_at_)mycompany(_dot_)com

the biggest surprise is that there is no procmail.log created in the home
directory of bom!!!!!!

where is everything going???

this is an sos message and any help is highly appreciated.
vikas