Re: rules be or'ed instead anded

2001-09-29 10:43:53
On Sat, Sep 29, 2001 at 11:12:29AM -0400, Don Hammond wrote:
There have been other responses that answer the question directly,
especially the way the last sentence is composed. It's also not very
clear because the original question refers to recipients, then uses
From: as an example, then morphs into a completely different question
in a separate private exchange. But I can't help thinking Marcelo is
looking for something like:

:0:
* 1^0 ^From:.*email1
* 1^0 ^From:.*email2
* 1^0 ^From:.*email3
friends.in

which will succeed if a message is From: any of the 3 email addresses
(i.e. the conditions are effectively "or'ed" not "and'ed").
Gotcha! it worked just fine! Thanks! :-)

Another option, a little more resource intensive, but possibly making
maintenance of the list of addresses more easily maintainable:

:0:
* ? formail -xFrom: |fgrep -if data.friends
friends.in

where the file data.friends looks like:

email1
email2
email3
Hmm.. I still prefer edit procmailrc directly.. heh
---end quoted text---

--
Marcelo R Leitner <mrl(_at_)matrix(_dot_)com(_dot_)br>
ICQ #: 29966851