Changing mail subjects to show recipient

2001-10-03 02:10:39

Hi All,

  I've got a little problem thats stumping me right
 now.

  I've got a mail setup where mail for various domains
 is all forwarded to one e-mail address.  To make it easier
 for me to deal with this I'd like to show the domain
 it was sent to in the subject.

  Currently I'm using the following:

:0
* $ ${HEADERS}(_at_)domain1(_dot_)com
{
  TAG = "[Domain1]"
}
:0E
* $ ${HEADERS}(_at_)Domain2(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk
{
  TAG = "[Domain2]"
}

MATCH       # kill this

:0 fhw
* !  TAG ?? ^^^^
*   ^Subject: *\/[^ ].*
| $FORMAIL -I "Subject: $TAG - ${MATCH:-<no subject>}"

  As you can see this handles each domain seperately, and
 isn't terribly generic.

  I'd like to change this to use the TO header, and have
 something like the following, but I can't get it to work:

:0 fhw
* ^TO:.*@([\.]).*    # Attempt to match on anything between "@" and "."
{
        TAG = "$1"     # What should I put here?
}

   Any assistence would be, greatly, appreciated.

Steve Kemp
---
Network Administrator / Toolsmith

Voxar Limited
Edinburgh - Corporate Headquarters | Boston | Charlotte | Toronto
Bonnington Bond, 2 Anderson Place, Edinburgh, EH6 5NP, UK
Tel: +44 (0) 131 472 4792 Fax: +44 (0) 131 472 4799
Email: info(_at_)voxar(_dot_)com Web: www.voxar.com

Registered in Scotland No. 145641 Registered Office as above.

This email is sent subject to the legal requirements set out
at www.voxar.com/legal/email_policy.htm