Re: probably a stupid mistake here, but I can't figure it out

2001-10-05 22:59:32
On Sat, Oct 06, 2001 at 12:25:49AM -0400, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
:0
* EXTENSION ?? ^^webmaster^^
* ^Subject: .* returned mail: see transcript for details
{
  EXTENSION=trash
}

I have seen the EXTENSION match fine in the log output, but the next
line never matches.

This is because it's trying to match "Subject: .* returned..."
That's "subject" followed by a space, followed by any number of any character
except newline, followed by another space, followed by "returned".
Try "^Subject:.*returned mail" (the rest is unnecessary.)

I have tried this with the uppercase R, with the subject truncated at

Procmail regexp matching in the headers is caseless, unless you use D.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       andrew(_at_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com
http://andrew.pure-chaos.com