Re: Procmail not removing lockfiles before setuid() call

2001-10-18 01:14:36
Brendan Knox <knox(_at_)snout(_dot_)net> writes:
I just recently wrote a little /etc/procmailrc recipe to store all incoming
emails to a backup file (sendmail, local_procmail feature).  I've come across
an unusual problem in that procmail seems to create a lockfile owned as root
but it switches uid to the local user to continue mail delivery before it
unlinks
the lockfile.  This causes procmail to hang on all subsequent deliveries unless
the lockfile is manually removed.

Looks like a bug.  I'll put it on the "todo" list.  Putting a blank line
after the recipe may serve as a work around.

Philip Guenther
Procmail Maintainer