Interesting Problem

2001-10-24 11:53:28
I am receiving emails that contain the original message from the sender along
with a separate email sent to me from another sender.  These come as single
messages.  Another interesting fact is that there exists extra text between the
two messages (the words one, two, three).

Example:

<HEADERS MSG1>
<BODY MSG1>
one
two
three
<HEADERS MSG2>
<BODY MSG2>

I have no rule procmail that would cause this - only simple recipes that move
specific messages to specific folders.

It appears that a shell process is being started.  I recently added the
mailstat command to my shell script.  Now this output is appearing below the
"one, two, three" lines.

Any ideas?

mutt is the client, sendmail sends mail, procmail handles incoming from
fetchmail (through pop3).