Re: Trying to bounce mail after-the-fact with procmail/formail

2001-10-26 14:52:11
On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 12:51:00PM -0400, Administrator wrote:
I also have the wild card in my virtusertable and came upon this problem in
regards to a specific email address.  My solution was to put this in my
virtusertable:

xxx(_at_)digitalplace(_dot_)org        error:nouser User does not exist

This will then tell sendmail to bounce mail to that specific email address.

Thanks! -- that helps a lot.  I've just sed/awk'd my incoming file of mail
to extract all the erroneous addresses and added them to my virtusertable
just like you've shown above -- and it works like a champ.  That'll at least
help out with repeat instances, which takes a healthy bite out of the
problem.  I'm going to keep pursuing a bounce-'em-from-file solution, too;
it just seems to me like the sort of thing that someone, somewhere, sometime
probably cooked up, and all I need to do is find it. ;-)

Thanks again,
---Rsk
Rich Kulawiec
rsk(_at_)magpage(_dot_)com