Re: whitespace regex

2001-10-29 10:13:19
At 17:34 2001-10-26 +0000, Pollywog wrote:

[snip]

> :0:
> * ^Subject.*([        ]+[0-9]+)

                ^^^^^^^^------------do the brackets contain a space
followed by a tab?

You're coming into this one a few days late -- as already discussed, this particular regex won't accomplish what he wants -- at best, this would match a number preceeded by a space (or space/tab) -- not a sequence of them. From his other regexp in the message, it should be clear that the brackets consisted of multiple spaces (see the one where the spaces are individually escaped), rather than character classes, which is what they're supposed to define.

His query has already been solved:

:0:
* ^Subject:.*[^         ]+.*       [0-9]

See my posts under this same thread for more info.