Re: Failed Filter

2001-11-07 13:06:27
I must have overlooked the "(normally  ignored);" from the man page as I
read that section and thought that the exitcode was checked.

Thanks,

Justin England                          jengland(_at_)enetis(_dot_)net
Network Administrator
E-Net Information Services              http://www.enetis.net
Tel: 605-341-3638                       Fax: 605-341-8880

On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, David W. Tamkin wrote:

Justin asked,

| I am writing a filter that will parse the header of a message and
| prefix the Subject: with text ...

| I have the procmail recipe:
|
| :0f
| | subjectfilter

Since the filter reads and rewrites only the head, you should use the `h'
flag to save procmail the trouble (and your filtering program) the trouble
of processing the body.

| My question is how can I make sure that if the filter fails, that the
| message will not be lost.

That's what the `w' or `W' flag is for.  See the procmailrc(5) manual page.

DWT (the Dakotas were from Manchester, and Justin England is from South
     Dakota; I give up)