Re: formail problems from ~/.procmailrc - Thanks David!

2001-11-10 08:23:34
On 11/10/01 07:09 AM, Dallman Ross sat at the `puter and typed:
. . .

Louis, I doubt the problem is LookOut.  I share David's and Sean's
disdain for mail to this list that is not text-only.  I months ago
resolved not to answer queries that I can't read in Berkeley Mail,
my MUA for reading this list under UNIX.

I happen to use Outlook (and like it fine) for most of my
mail; but not for lists, which I read in my shell account with
Berkeley Mail.  I have been doing so for 11 years, and I don't
see it changing anytime soon.  There is no reason to send
HTML or RTF crap to this list!
Agreed.  I'm not too fond of html mail myself.

My personal use of Outlook
or any GUI mail reader is beside the point, anyway: this is
a list about a *NIX-based program that runs under a shell;
and there's no reason mail to the list should not comply with
the simple textual format requirements of *NIX MUAs.
Agreed again.

Btw, I'm reading this message of yours fine in Mail.

Then I  suspect it  is related  to my  gpg signing.  I'll turn  of the
autosign at least until  I find out how to change  that behavior. I do
agree that mail on a *nix oriented list should be readable by any *nix
client, so holler at me if that garbage continues! :)

Still here, still willing to help if and when I can, but not
when the writer sends gobbledygook!

Thanks! :)

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

Tell the truth or trump--but get the trick.