Re: forward question

2001-11-15 14:59:07
Thanks so much!  I'm new to procmail and it's certainly something I'm going to
dig into to filter spam and whatnot, but this was a problem that I need to
get fixed really fast.

At 02:29 PM 11/15/2001 -0600, David W. Tamkin wrote:
Don, that wasn't a very forward question at all.  It was polite and sincere.

| I have what I hope to be a very simple question.  My client has a local
| unix account with a .forward that sends email to .procmailrc that has
| :0c in it to forward (and leave a copy) of all his emails to another
remote
| account.  This remote account happens to be an AOL mailbox and it fills up
| too fast.  Then he gets bounce messages that get forwarded to AOL, and
| etc.  It's a nasty circle.  What can I do to remedy this?

 :0c
 * ! ^FROM_DAEMON
 ! screenname(_at_)aol(_dot_)com

should do it.  AOL's bounce notices are reasonably compliant and, in my
experience, are caught without trouble by ^FROM_DAEMON.