Hosting multiple domains...

2001-11-17 05:58:07
I am running Red Hat 7.1 with Sendmail 8.11 and Procmail 3.21.  This is my mail
server for about 5 domains.  What I am trying to accomplish is have my mail
accounts not be linked with the system accounts (passwd) file, but instead use
a separate database of users that I create, a database that includes the users
domain, as well as their username.  This way there can be duplicate accounts
accross the multiple domains.  Example, I could have a :

joe(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com and a joe(_at_)anotherdomain(_dot_)com and they
would be totally separate.

Is this even something for procmail or should I be exploring other avenues?
Most of the mail on this machine is in POP only accounts and the users check
there mail via POP, IMAP, or webmail.

Thanks for any help you can give me,

Jeremy Summers