Re: Formail issue with weird headers

2001-11-27 16:14:24
On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 11:26:08AM -0600, David W. Tamkin wrote:
cat(_at_)zip(_dot_)com(_dot_)au followed up,

| No.  It's in the header section. Just below the real From_ line just as
| shown above.  I need it gone because it's causing sendmail to barf all
| these messages when I bounce them to an alternate address.  There's only
| ever one and it's always in that position.

Formail treats it as an extension of the From_ line; if you run
   formail -X 'From '
on such a message, it will output both the From_ and >From_ lines.

Well that kinda sucks. It'd be nice if there was a way to make it not
assume anything.

| I'd use sed as you suggest but I don't want to touch any occurrences in
| the body of the message.

As Don has already said, use an `h' flag on the filtering recipe.  Please

Cool. Wasn't quite sure if that'd destroy the body of the msg in the
filter or not but...

read this in a fixed-width font (there is a space between the parentheses):

 :0fhw
 * ^>From( )
 | sed 's/^>From /X-Escaped-From_: /'

My version of that works just fine and I can finally bounce messages
without having the butchered. WOO! WOO! :)

My version was:

:0 hf
| sed -e 's/^>From /X-Escaped-From_: /'

Since -all- my messages have the bum header.

Thanks to you and Don for the help. :)

--
CaT        - A high level of technology does not a civilisation make.