Parsing UPS Notification Emails

2001-11-30 07:48:11
We receive a lot of UPS formatted emails notifying us that one
of our suppliers has shipped a UPS shipment on our behalf.  We
are currently recognizing these by the subject line and routing
to the appropriate person.

We would like to have a perl script read the body of these emails
and append the tracking number and other information to a
text file that we can import.

Here's the rule we have now to route to the appropriate
person based on the ID of the company.    ID matches a specific
company name we know about.  There UPS shipper number is
represented her by the 6 digits in XXXXXX.

RECIPIENT="email of person to process"
COMPANY="ID"
:0
* ^Subject: UPS Ship Notification, 1ZXXXXXX
{
       :0 fhwc
        | /opt/bin/formail -A "X-ShipStatus: Redirected to $RECIPIENT
($COMPANY)
"

        :0 A
        ! $RECIPIENT
}

How can I route this to a perl file also which will do the
processing that I want.  I would like the perl file to get
the full message (headers and body) as well as the ID field.

Also, is anyone already processing these files in a similar way?

Thanks,

Chris

Please note, effective 27 October 2001 we've moved to a new location!  Our
phone and fax numbers remain the same but our new physical address is:
2060 Wineridge Place, Suite C, Escondido, CA  92029

Chris Haupt                                haupt(_at_)onlinesports(_dot_)com
Online Sports                         http://www.onlinesports.com
Phone: 760-839-9363                             Fax: 760-839-9370
  Directory of Thousands of Sports Items Available Online Today!
====  P  R  O  D  U  C  T  S    &    S  E  R  V  I  C  E  S  ====