Re: stripping MATCH's right hand side

2001-12-07 12:45:51
Is it possible to use a backquote expansion as part of the action
itself?  What about something like:

Certainly.  That should work fine (ignoring the fact that I have no idea
what '-E' does to sed :-)).

I prefer the more verbose version because I'm *really* bad and
remembering what my code was supposed to do and find it more readable
like that.  But whatever works for you is, of course, the right thing.

Why is the floor suddenly so cold?  Is hell feezing over?!?

I'm sorry, that information is classified.

Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</                  PGP key available
    `Procmail Companion'        \>\  http://www.ancient-scotland.co.uk