RE: [Esa-l] ANN: Sanitizer update (1.132)

2001-12-10 12:06:01
There's been a request for a basic mangle-these-extensions version. No
notification, HTML cleanup, macro scanning, poisoning, etc. Is there
general interest?

My interest is in maximum automated protection.  It would be awesome to have
a blackhole type list for poisoned files.  I personally don't list any
poisoned files because mangling the name is more than sufficient (for me).
Maybe this could be accomplished by a cron script for download.

Just anything that would automate the process any more.  Honestly, the
product is so good now, I am not sure what I would change.  I use outlook so
macro scanning is critical.  HTML cleanup is welcome.  Poisoning is the only
thing I could do without but I think I am in the minority.  This is my main
line of defense for my windows network.

--
Paul McHale
   Work:   937-320-5495          Double E Solutions