Re: program samples

2001-12-10 16:03:04
(original poster bcc'd, since its unlikely he is subbed to the procmail list)

At 15:48 2001-12-06 +0100, Jeebachh Mandal wrote:

I am a student of computer science and would like to analyse some
programs written in C. The purpose of those programs should be for
storing the incoming mails into a separate folder in a unix mail box.
So, you are requested to send the appropriate web site.

Dr. Thiemann asked me to post this quiz.  Or perhaps he didn't.

(This is an open-web quiz - you may use your browser to hit any half-decent search engine and try combinations of the program name, "source code", and "download")

Q1: What's the name of the program you're sending to this mailing list about?
        1. Murky MUD
        2. Everquest
        3. Procmail
        4. Microsoft Word

Q2: Is it a commercial program?
        1. Yes
        2. No

Q3: Applying the answers of Q1 and Q2, what's a likely place to _try_ to find the sources?
        1. <http://www.mud.org>
        2. <http://www.microsoft.com/word>
        3. <http://www.everquest.com>
        4. <http://www.procmail.org>

Bonus Q: would an individual be more successful in the Computer Sciences if they applied at least a minimum of logic and work to arrive at an answer, or will they be equally as effective if they expect to just ask for the answer to things which are so demonstrably easy to find?

The minimal skillset you must apply to pass this quiz will account for 80% of what you do in the field of CS. Don't slack.