Muliple sub-folders archive

2001-12-17 23:41:05
For all incoming messages, I want to filter them into folders based on the date. The folders should be a hierarchy like so: year/month/day where year is a folder that contains all the months, and month is a folder containing all the days, and the days are individual mailboxes. For example:

2000/01/01
2001/01/01
2001/01/02
2001/02/01

Naturally, I'd like to do this without just piping all messages into a Perl script that will take care of all of that. I considered something like the following:

DATE=`date +"%Y/%m/%d"

:0:
$DATE

However, will Procmail take care of creating the directories automatically?
If not, how can I implement this?

Dave Greco
dave(_at_)gleim(_dot_)com
Network Administrator