Re: Where to put INCLUDERC ?

2001-12-23 04:57:27

Is the place where to put INCLUDERC in .procmailrc crucial ?

Nope

In my case :  I have a working .procmailrc but I want to split it into
some  smaller rc's.  Can I first filter on filesize in my .procmailrc
for my  personal mail and then filter my mailinglists bij using
INCLUDERC=.mailinglistrc ?

You can do whatever you want, in any order you want.

INCLUDERC can go anywhere, and will be processed just like it was part of the
main .procmailrc wherever it is.  Everything before it will go before it and
everything after it will be after it.

INCLUDERC does not in any way change the functionality of the recipes that are
in either the main or the INCLUDERC file, it is just there to either split a
large file into pieces (as you are doing) or make it easy to repeat some
action/recipe without coding it several times.

Personally I use a 'TEST.rc' as an INCLUDERC whenever I am trying a new recipe,
because if the INCLUDERC fails for some reason (misplaced character, or missing
bracket, etc) then it will go back to the main procmailrc.  (So I guess
technically it is a little different than keeping everything in one big
.procmailrc in that respect.)

TjL