Fixing up broken headers how?

2001-12-25 03:39:30
Occasionally I receive messages from a list where the original was gated
through a news server. Some (but not all) of these message arrive with
damaged headers such that most of the header lines are taken as body text.
I'd like to fix up these message so that they have correct headers.

As far as I can see the problem only affects a small group of users using
the news/mail gateway. Most message arrive unscathed. Seems to be emails
from same people that get clobbered; yet other people posting from the
same host don't exhibit this problem. Emails to the news server admin only
result in "we haven't seen this problem with anyone else's email and even
if we did we wouldn't know how to fix it" messages. So I have to put right
what went wrong for myself.

Hints of possible solutions greatly appreciated.

And on this day may I wish you all a Happy Christmas.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!
Details at http://www.fdp.org.uk/ or http://www.bsl-march.co.uk/

--

<>< Re: deemed!