Re: Editing incoming data - a technique check

2001-12-25 11:31:04
| My spec was that the recipe add a `From ' header to each message as
| well.  If a message comes thru without as Xref header if will bypass
| this filter and therefor receive no `From ' header... correct?

Harry, I'm not clear on something.  If there is an Xref: header, should it
remain as Xref: in addition to being duplicated as X-Save-Xref:, or should
the Xref: be taken out and the information kept only as X-Save-Xref:?  If
the latter, just rename the header:

 :0fhw
 | formail -R Xref: X-Save-Xref:

Since it has no conditions, it will run on all messages and add the
requisite From_ postmark.   If there is no Xref: on the message, nothing
will be renamed.

If the former:

 :0fhw
 * ^\/Xref:.*