RE: splitting up huge mailbox (was mail assistance please)

2001-12-27 01:10:53

David W. Tamkin wrote (in part):
[...] I'd think it's much faster for formail to increment FILENO and
procmail just to use it.  Moreover, if you use formail's -n
switch with it,

[...] That can lead to a problem.  By not serializing the procmail
calls, you can get messages stored out of their original sequence [...]

Thanks, David, for pointing out the likely inefficiencies in using mail
directories in the one-liner split method that I'd proposed.