Re: problem with a test script

2001-12-27 12:25:31
At 12:52 2001-12-27 -0500, Bill Tangren wrote:
I am using procmail 3.21 and the linux 2.4.9-13
kernel.

What does the kernel have to do with this? If you want to provide other version info, your MTA is far more useful.

I am trying to NOT filter certain newsgroups

Newsgroups? That's an NNTP (usenet news) term. Perhaps you mean listservs or mailing lists (this procmail list here is a mailing list)?

:0
* -1^0
* 1^0 ^Subject:.*[

Would you mind escaping that opening brace - it is normally part of a regexp range declaration.

On the first mail, the right square brace is caught,
but not the left. On the second, the email addy is
not caught at all. Any thought?

I can't begin to make any evaluation as to why the second test failed - you don't indicate what the recipient address _truely_ was, typos being what they are and all. Extract the To: field using formail and get that value in the verbose log:

:0
{
        TO=$MATCH