Re: Parse body but not attachment

2002-01-04 15:56:55
I realized I made a big mistake in many of my procmail recipes this
morning when I noticed procmail was consuming all of the CPU on our
mail server.  The load was around 4 and climbing. :-(  The problem  was
with a user that received 3 15MB messages in one shot.

I've been that user :-)

I now have an exclusion that if an email is over 1mb it goes to $DEFAULT

The problem is (I believe) that procmail isn't only parsing the body
(and headers in this example), it's also parsing my attachment.
That's what I need to stop.  I would rather not say 'don't scan
messages with attachments' because lately my spam has been both HTML  &
plain text and this would allow those spams around that recipe.

You can scan the HTML MIME type and not scan attachments.

scan the body for

and

TjL