Re: Error (please help)

2002-01-04 21:29:00
On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 09:31:46PM -0500, Scott Bradner wrote:
I am trying to setup procmail to sort my mail on my os x mail server I am
using postfix and uw imap.  I have set up a .forward message
          ^^^^^^^- Note, this tends to contraindicate the usage of Sendmail.

("/usr/bin/procmail").  But when I send myself a test message I get an error
message back.  I am new at this and would need some specific explanation on
how to fix this problem.

you do not need to put in a .forward in OSX 10.1 - if you just install a
.procmailrc file and procmail will be run on all incoming mail (assuming
you have sendmail running

And a .procmailrc would only work without a .forward file IF sendmail (or
other MTA) is configured to use procmail as the LDA. The presence of sendmail
does NOT necessarily mean it is configured to use procmail as the LDA.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       andrew(_at_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com
"If you're not pissed off at the world then you're just not paying attention."