Re: removing line

2002-01-21 21:04:14
Rikard followed up,

| hey, that actually works... :) thanks!

You're welcome.

| how would I combine this with the matching of for example a malinglist and
| move the message to a specific folder?
|
| this is what I have today, but I can't seem to be able to fit that remove
| line thing into it...
|
|  :0:
|  * ^From:(_dot_)*some(_at_)mailinglist(_dot_)com
|  mailinglist

Well, I'll hold off commenting on using From: to spot mail from a list
(actually, if it's an announcement-only list or, equivalently, a newsletter,
a test on From: will do).  Anyhow,

 :0bfw
 * ^From:(_dot_)*some(_at_)mailinglist\(_dot_)com
 * B ?? pattern
 | grep -v 'pattern'
  :0A:
  mailinglist

What slows me down from suggesting

 :0:
 * ^From:(_dot_)*some(_at_)mailinglist\(_dot_)com
 | grep -v 'pattern' >> mailinglist

is that I don't know what the pattern is like and whether it could possibly
show up in the head, such that removing that line from the head would cause
a problem.  There are ways to deal with that in a single recipe, but they're
more complicated than my suggestion up above with the two chained recipes.