Re: recipe's failing this morning

2002-01-24 09:25:36
Nick Wilson asked,

| This morning it appeared that several of my recipes failed and mail that
| should have been in mailboxes spam, suspected-spam and (strangely
| enough) procmail-list all fell into my spoolfile.

You are keeping a logfile, aren't you?  And you do turn VERBOSE on for it
when there's a problem, I trust?

So what did your logfile say?  Usually that happens because procmail isn't
getting invoked at all, in which case your logfile would have no mention of
those messages.  If procmail did run on them and it skipped certain recipes,
the logfile would show that procmail did something else to them, and with
VERBOSE turned on, it would show exactly what failed to match or failed to
run.