Re:Newbie:Procmail and Interactive webpages

2002-01-31 06:48:57
Hi
Pieter,

if the button you talk about is a mailto: url, i.e. one that
causes the user's email client to start an email, you will
receive it just as any other email, and standard procmail
processing applies as in the documentation.

if the pressed button does NOT cause the user to send an email,
but you want it to receive some feedback in the browser or via
email, then you want to study CGI programming, which has nothing
to do with procmail or email in general.

        HTH,
                        Marco Fioretti

Can anyone direct me to info pages on how procmail as
autoresponder works with interactive web pages. I.e. I
don't want a user to send an e-mail, but when he clicks
a given button on my webpage he must automatically
receive the procmail response as if he had send a mail.