running an Xdialog from procmail

2002-03-01 03:58:46
Hi there.
I just moved to procmail. Great stuff. Should have done this a long time
ago. There's one thing I can't figure out however.

I have a little notification program for any anything that makes it
to my private mailbox.

----------------
:0 c
| /home/oivvio/repos/src/bin/newmail
-------------

/home/oivvio/repos/src/bin/newmail looks like this
----------------------
#!/bin/sh
MESS="'You ve got mail!'"
unset SSH_AUTH_SOCK
#ssh -i /home/oivvio/.ssh/locallogin -X oivvio(_at_)localhost "Xdialog \
#--msgbox $MESS 7 20"&
Xdialog --msgbox "You've got mail" 7 20&
esdplay /usr/share/sounds/KDE_Beep_Yo.wav

The sound plays fine. But the xdialog wan't come up.
I've tried the plain version and the ssh version. They both work fine on
the command line. But not under procmail. I invoke procmail from
fetchmail. Don't know if that matters.

This is the procmail log
Xdialog: Error initializing the GUI...
Do you run under X11 with GTK+ v1.2.0+ installed ?