Re: Maildirs & "Couldn't rename bogus..."

2002-03-24 22:07:42
Mark Lehrer <mark(_at_)knm(_dot_)org> writes:

Hello there, I have a working procmail setup but I'm trying to get rid
of this message in my maillog, which shows up for every message we
receive:

Mar 13 09:04:47 ns procmail[4267]: Couldn't rename bogus
"/var/spool/mail/jordanc" into "/var/spool/mail/BOGUS.jordanc.IXjC"

I am using Exim with maildirs, so it shouldn't be worrying about
/var/spool/* at all.  How can I disable this BOGUS stuff?
Contents of /etc/procmailrc:

MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/

Procmail 'screens' the compiled in mailspool location before it looks at
any rcfiles.  Therefore, the only way to change what mailbox is screened
is to correct procmail compiled in information.  Download the source,
then add the line

#define MAILSPOOLHOME "/Maildir/"

to the top of the src/authenticate.c file in the source tree, tweak any
of necessary compile-time flags (since you use Redhat, you should probably
set GROUP_PER_USER in the config.h file) and then recompile and reinstall.
Once that's done, and "procmail -v" shows the correct mailspool location,
remove that /etc/procmailrc.

Philip Guenther