vmail virtual email setup with procmail MDA

2002-03-26 11:21:11
hi,
  Been contemplating this for a while in a infinite loop sort of
way. Have a vmail setup where all mail is currently delivered by
vmail to virtual email addresses. This is as per one uid:gid
serving as account for many email virtual domains under this
directory. ( They are in Maildir format..) Anyways anyone figure
out a way to use procmail instead of maildrop? Reason being is
that with maildrop I get something like user does not exist.
Which is true since this is a virtual uservirt(_at_)uservirtdomain
arrangement.

I was thinking that perhaps one could just parse the To: Header
and if it existed in the flat file inside of /etc/userdb/whatever
domain it would deliver to the real location for that user(_at_)virtdomain
folder.
using a global /etc/procmailrc to handle this.. Good idea or
real bad idea?
Has anyone addressed this in this way?
All opinions appreciated.

TIA,
dreamwvr(_at_)dreamwvr(_dot_)com

--
/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
#