Re: modify the subject: why?

2002-04-04 23:57:29
On 4 Apr 2002 at 23:31, Tony L. Svanstrom wrote:

On Thu, 4 Apr 2002 the voices made Marco Fioretti write:

just out of curiosity, may I ask you why you want to add SPAM to the
subject, instead of dropping the whole message in a SPAM folder?

 I don't know why he wants to do it, but I do know that some prefer to do
the
filtering at the mailer-sider instead of having more than one folder on the
server... (but in that case the word "spam" isn't really the best one,
methinks).

Hi Tony L. Svanstrom,Marco Fioretti and Sean B. Straw

thanks 4 help :-)
Why i do this: My PDA(software) can only sort messages by the subject, so when
in
the subject line is the word "spam: $SUBJECT" i can sort this messages much
better,
folders are great but up to now there is no IMAP server @home :-( and i don't
wanne
kill the messages, want to see who spams me !
At the weekend i have the time to test your solutions.
Sorry for my worse english

Sven