problem getting spamassassin to work with procmail

2002-04-05 16:32:01
Hi Folks,

I've been trying to get spamassassin to work with procmail, and having a
bit of a problem. Maybe somebody has an idea about this.

- I've just installed spamassassin 2.11 on my machine (Sun, Solaris)
- it works from the command line
- it works as a filter when I pipe from within Pine
- but, when I stick the recommended rule into .procmailrc, things break

-- procmail 3.21
-- the rule:

:0fw
| /usr/local/bin/spamassassin  -P

:0:

-- the error (from my procmail log):

ld.so.1: /usr/local/bin/perl: fatal: libiconv.so.2: open failed: No such
file or
 directory
procmail: Error while writing to "spamassassin"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
  Folder: /home/mfidelman/Mailfolders/CCN/CCNIN

-- and, in fact the data was not "rescued" - Pine displayed a message
saying something like "unexpected change to mailbox format, please
restart" - and the  the test message disappeared into the ozone

Anybody have any suggestions as to what's going on and how to fix it?

Thanks much,

Miles Fidelman

Network Technology Corporation              PO Box 600618
Miles R. Fidelman, President                Newtonville, MA 02460-0006
mfidelman(_at_)ntcorp(_dot_)com                     617-558-3698
http://www.ntcorp.com                       fax: 617-630-8946