Send short email to Mr A when Mr B receives mail

2002-04-15 02:14:13
HI everybody,
I'm a beginner at procmail.

I'd like to send a short text saying "Hi new mail" to MrB when Mr A receives email. My recipe is as below. Mr A receives email as usual but Mr B never gets the short text.

Another question is how do I, instead of "Hi new mail", put "Hi, new mail from MrXXX with subject:Mail_subject"? Mr XXX should be extracted from the
From field and Mail_subject from subject field.

SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail/
LOGFILE=/home/st/procmailst.log
LOG="--- Logging  "
:0 h c
| (formail -k -XFrom ; \
echo"Hi new mail")  | sendmail -t
db(_at_)webmail(_dot_)uniten(_dot_)edu(_dot_)my

:0
* ^From: scam(_at_)cyberspam\(_dot_)com
/dev/null
:0: