Re: Sending attachment to URL via HTTP POST

2002-04-18 20:11:09
On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 the voices made Jeff Kowalczyk write:

I have a single 10-20KB text file attachment that arrives once nightly
to a specific email virtuser. I want to configure a procmail recipe to
send that attachment to a separate webserver's URL via an HTTP POST (or
other method, if you have any suggestions).

I would like to have the flexibility to add HTTP headers such as basic
auth, suggesting that I would call a script in perl or preferably
python. However, it isn't a requirement in the short term.

Can anyone recommend a starting point to get this running on RH 7.1?

 Personally I'd do the whole thing in perl; that would make the whole mime-
mess easier to handle, but that's just me. To extract the file you should be
able to find working solutions on the Net (there's some talk about mime in the
manpages, but I'm too lazy to check what examples there are there); when it
comes to the actual posting you might want to check out curl at
http://curl.haxx.se.

        /Tony