Re: incorrect From_ set to 'root'

2002-04-19 00:33:39
Thank you for your help.

Since I installed procmail-3.22 (instead of mail.local), all From_ lines
are
set to "root" :

on incoming mail, sent mail, what mail?  Are you running an
/etc/procmailrc?  Are you forwarding mail from one account into another,
perhaps from an /etc/procmailrc, or from a manually invoked procmail
alias?  What?

all From_ lines are set to "root" : for incoming and outgoing mail.
I don't have any /etc/procmailrc ; there's no forwarding.

This result is produced even after a simple connection on port 25 with the
machine delivering via procmail. Procmail is called by sendmail (sendmail.cf
built with cf/feature/local_procmail.m4) :

Mlocal,         P=/usr/lib/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qESn, S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL,
R=EnvToL/HdrToL,
                T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -Y -a $h -d $u

The only time I've seen root as the envelope sender is when a root-owned
process sends mail...

Sendmail runs as root, but I believe it should pass the envelope sender to
procmail.