Re: autocapture of email addresses

2002-04-19 00:43:56
In an earlier message, someone said:

S> I saw this being discussed on one of the mozilla lists and thought it
S> was a good idea. Basically I would like to grok out all the email
S> addresses from the mail that I get. It would be great if they were
S> unique but I can always use perl to DoTheRightThing (tm) later.

   I use something like this in my .procmailrc:

     WEEK="`/bin/date +%Yw%W`"
     HDR="$HOME/mail/HEADERS.$WEEK"
     :0 chw: $HOME/hdr.lck
     | formail -XFrom: -XSubject: -XDate: -XTo: -XCc: -XMessage-ID: >> $HDR

   When sending via qmail, a "Bcc: myuserid-header" plus this
   ~/.qmail-header file keeps track of my outgoing stuff (all on one line):

     | (preline formail -XFrom: -XSubject: -XDate: -XTo: -XCc: -XMessage-ID:
      ; echo) >> $HOME/mail/SENT.`/bin/date +%Yw%W`

--
Karl Vogel               ASC/YCOA, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433
vogelke(_at_)dnaco(_dot_)net                   http://www.dnaco.net/~vogelke

(on the front) Yale is just one big party
(on the back)  with a $25,000 cover charge         --seen on T-shirt