Re: procmail & kmail

2002-06-02 13:07:05
Jo,

* MasterOfByte(_at_)t-online(_dot_)de <MasterOfByte(_at_)t-online(_dot_)de>
[2002-05-30 21.48 +0200]:
I am fetching my email with fetchmail with procamil as mda .
Now I want to use kmail as mailreader.

Procmails delivers the mails to this two files:
DEFAULT=$HOME/Mail/inbox
SPAMFILE=$HOME/Mail/spam

But kmail is not able to read  ~/Mail/inbox and ~/Mail/spam.
How can I make kmail + procmail +fetchmail make to work together ?
As far as I know procmail and kmail are using mbox format. Why is it not
working? Do I need special switches/options for procmail ?

Hello. The kmail FAQ, located at:

<URL:http://docs.kde.org/3.0/kdenetwork/kmail/faq.html>

has the following to say on the subject:

    6.27. Can I use KMail and procmail?

    Yes, but it's important to do it the right way or you might lose
    mail. In order to use procmail and KMail you need to set up
    KMail so that it will fetch new mail from the spoolfiles in
    which procmail drops your mail. Do not set up procmail to
    deliver mail in a KMail folder, this cannot work.

    For each procmail spoolfile, you then need to create an account
    from which KMail will fetch new mail. You also need to make sure
    you specify the right lockfile name for this account. When
    setting up an account, KMail will do some minimal parsing on
    your .procmail file, and will try to list every spoolfile it has
    found, and also the lockfiles next to the procmail lockfile
    item. procmail lets the user specify lockfiles in three
    different ways, so there's no way to establish a correspondence
    between the spoolfiles and lockfiles. So it's really up to you
    to make sure you specify the right lockfile for each spoolfile.

hope this helps
--
Martin Karlsson                                                   _
GPG/PGP public key: 0x9C924660             ASCII ribbon campaign ( )