Re: Resending using formail from the command line

2002-06-04 16:38:15
On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 10:07:49PM +0300, Udi Mottelo wrote:
Yes, this is the place to apologize about.

No need to apologize. It was a simple mistake, which you caught yourself. I
could have pointed it out without being quite so sarcastic.

      There is a strike here in the campus the email is not continuously
      and I do not know if you already read my discussion about the "*"
      with David Tamkin.

Yes I did and that raised a good point I hadn't thought of regarding extra
files in the spool dir that you don't necessarily want to process.

However, David suggest (and right as usual) to forward the message directly
to procmail instead of sendmail.

Which is what I would do to. I was mainly addressing how to process all files
more efficiently than doing variations on 'ls | sed' type stuff. I suppose if
I in completeness I should have raised that point to.

The original sender asked for moving the folders to the users HOME by
formail -s.  I can imagine how to do it just with lockfile(1) and mv(1)

I suppose that would work to, assuming the only processing to be done was to
change the location of the spool. But if there were any other processing that
procmail was supposed to do at the same time, that would have been missed.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       http://andrew.pure-chaos.com/resume.txt

Please do not reply directly to me, or Cc: me on a reply to a list message.
I'll get my copy from the list.