Re: problem with blank subject

2002-06-07 17:04:51
You're right, Martin! that was it (saved email to a file and looked
at entire header)

so I'll have to duplicate the receipe for blank subjects

thanks!!
--Ed

loking at log file,  /etc/rejectf doesnt even get executed at all

therefore I believe  * ^Subject:\/.*  is failing (the rules are ANDed
together) because it has nothing to put into $MATCH   ??

In that case, could it be that the mail has no subject line at all
(rather than a subject line with nothing after the colon)?
Sorry if that is a dumb question!

Some mail clients do not insert a Subject: line if you do not provide a
subject!

Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</    http://procmail.non-prophet.org