Re: millisecond accuracy.

2002-06-13 01:24:15
earliar also i have sent mails regarding this. I want to get systime
in millisecond in my procmailrc. For that i invoke gawk script and
used it systime() command. But still systime() is also giving me time
in seconds only. Is there any way i can get time in milliseconds using
gawk script in procmailrc or any other way.

There is no need to add my personal address to the To: list - I read the
mailing list, but had nothing useful to add to the answers that you have
already received.

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to get millisecond precision
from procmail or awk.  You would have to write a program in some other
language that may give you millisecond precision, such as C or Perl
perhaps, and use that.

Of course, that will give you millisecond precision but probably not
millisecond accuracy.

As others have said, what problem are you trying to solve?  There may be
better solutions.

Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</    http://procmail.non-prophet.org