Re: To and From fields matching

2002-06-21 15:16:34
At 16:56 2002-06-21 -0400, Mark_Saunders wrote:

All messages however, go to a file named (whatever is in the from
field).

(POINTER: *ALL* condition lines start with '*', and the first line that follows a condition which itself isn't one, is the beginning of the delivery).

If you check your handy-dandy VERBOSE log, it'll point you right to the glaring syntax problem:

procmail: Assigning "SPAMFILE=~/spam"
procmail: Assigning "SPAMRULE"
procmail: Match on "^^^^"
procmail: Executing "formail,-z,-xFrom:"
procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=SENTBY=service(_at_)paypal(_dot_)com"
procmail: Opening "SENTBY=service(_at_)paypal(_dot_)com"

The above was generated by tossing your recipe into an rcfile all by its lonesome which is included into a sandbox, then throwing a test message at it (in this case, some arbitrary message which has been transmuted over time to test other recipes in the same fashion).

SPAMFILE = ~/spam

FTR, Procmail doesn't comprehend "~" as home. If you want $HOME, use it. The above is likely to cause you untold grief under some circumstances.