Re: Formail Question

2002-06-23 15:10:32
Tom asked,

| I need to add the sender's email address in a Reply-To in formail as well
| as another email address.  I have successfully added a Reply-To:
|
| -I "Reply-To: test(_at_)danzig(_dot_)com" -X "Reply-To:"
|
| but how would I append the From: to it?

I'm slightly less than positive of what you're asking for, Tom, but I think
it's this: you want to add a Reply-To: header that directs responses to both
the original return address -- using From: if there was no Reply-To: to
start -- plus another (test(_at_)danzig(_dot_)com in your illustration).  That
still
leaves me baffled about why you're using -X there to get rid of all the other
headers and the body, though.

But if what I think you meant is what you do mean, I'd do it this way:

 :0h
 * conditions
 REPLYTO=|formail -rtzxTo:
  :0afwh
  | formail -i "Reply-To: $REPLYTO, test(_at_)danzig(_dot_)com"

However, not all MUAs will recognize having more than one address in
the addresses.