clarity please -- newbie

2002-06-28 18:51:32
I need somebody to clarify me the concepts of maildir
format and the entry in the autoconf.h called
#define MAILSPOOLDIR "/var/spool/mail/"

My objective is to make a recipe to filter users name
to seperate directories in the
/var/spool/mail/whatever_user.

Lets say for instance; User gets an email addressed
To: JohnS.

I want to write a rule that will put his messages in a
directory called
/var/spool/mail/users_with_last_name_A

Additionally, when a user named Betty gets mail, hers
will be at /var/spool/mail/users_with_last_name_B

How do I modify the MAILSPOOLDIR "/var/spool/mail/" in
the autoconf.h to accomondate my scheme. Finally, how
do I incorporate my sheme with the maildir format.

Any help will b greatly appreciated.

Doggy